Table of Contents
Office Services & Hours
Marriage, Civil Unions, & Vital Records
- Contact Us
- Tax Rates,Values and Extensions for all Taxing Districts
- Equalized Assessed Values by Property Class
- Will County TIF Information
- Tax Codes and Rates by Township
- TOP 100 Taxpayers by District
- Taxing District Contact Information
- Forms, Budgets and Levies
- Annexations and Disconnections
- Mobile Home Local Service Tax
Tax Sale Redemption
- Step-by-Step Instructions to Research Sold and Forfeited Taxes
- Tax Redemption Inquiry
- How do I make a Tax Sale Redemption or Forfeiture Payment?
- Tax Sale Redemption Fact Sheet
- How do I order a calculation of taxes that have been sold, forfeited, or open?
- How do I order proof of payment receipts?
- Illinois Property Tax Code Law
- Property Tax Sale Information
County Board Records & Maps
News, Publications, & Links
Tax Sale Redemption General Information
Each year when real estate taxes are not paid on time, any unpaid balance due may then be subject to sale to a third party. The Will County Clerk's Office Tax Redemption Department collects payments for the taxes that were sold at the Annual Tax Sale will be held in December this year. The office also collects taxes that are forfeited. Forfeitures are taxes that are held out of the Tax Sale. According to Illinois State Statute, only the total amount due can be accepted. Payment is either by Certified Check, Cashier’s Check or Money Order made payable to the Will County Clerk.
Bankruptcy information and payments are handled through the Will County Treasurer’s Office at 815-740-4684. The County Clerk’s office handles information on disposed bankruptcies.
If your unpaid taxes have been sold or forfeited, the County Clerk’s office can provide you with a signed and dated Estimate of the Cost of Redemption for $1.00. Please submit a Tax Redemption Document Order Form and the permanent index number (PIN) along with the fee so that one would be mailed to you.
For more information on Tax Redemption see the below links or contact us or call the Forfeiture/Tax Sale Redemption department at (815) 740-4619 or (815) 740-4622 or (815) 740-4623 or (815) 723-1378 (Fax).
Inquiry Tax Sale & Forfeiture Information Lookup
Monthly Tax Sale Redemption Reports
Tax Sale Redemption Information
Step-by-Step instructions to research sold and forfeited taxes
Enter a Pin and learn how much is owed for Tax Sale Redemption or Forfeiture
How do I make a Tax Sale Redemption or Forfeiture payment?
Tax Sale Redemption Fact Sheet
How do I order a calculation of taxes that have been forfeited or are open?
How do I order proof of payment receipts?
Illinois Property Tax Code Law
Property Tax Sale Information
Other Will County Property Tax Related Links
- Will County Supervisor of Assessments
- Will County Treasurer
- Will County Recorder
- Will County Land Use
|You will need a copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, download, or print these documents. Click the Acrobat icon to go to the download page on Adobe's website.