APRIL 4, 2017 CONSOLIDATED ELECTION
PETITIONS SIGNED OUT
School Districts Petition Packets Signed Out
– Will County Regional Office Of Education Candidates – Final
– Grade School Candidates – Final
– High School Candidates – Final
– Unit School Candidates – Final
– Will County Write-In Candidates – Final
To obtain the list of candidates running for other offices, you need to contact each district.
WILL COUNTY OBJECTIONS FILED
DuPage Township Judicial Review Decision
Summit Hill School District No. 161
-Burghard vs. Staples: Candidate removed due to Electoral Board decision on 1/4/17
-Burghard vs. Martin: Candidate remains on ballot due to Electoral Board decision on 1/4/17
-Burghard vs. Murphy: Candidate remains on ballot due to Electoral Board decision on 1/4/17
Will County *Referenda List – Final
Two primary methods for placing a question before the voters is by resolution of the governing board for a taxing district or by petition signed by voters in the district.
- Resolutions are certified by the local election official to the County Clerk.
- Public question petitions are filed with the local election official who certifies the question to the County Clerk. When a public question has been passed by a governing board resolution and filed with the County Clerk by the local election official, a ballot proof is sent to the election official for approval. Please be aware that any revision in the actual referendum text as certified must by adopted by board action and recertified with the County Clerk by the legal filing deadline.
Specific questions about legal requirements for preparing a resolution or petition should be referred to competent legal counsel for the local unit of government, as the County Clerk’s Office cannot give legal advice or refer to Article 28 of the Election Code. For more information contact us or call (815) 740-4615.