WHO CAN REGISTER TO VOTE
A U.S. citizen 18 years of age by the date of the next election (some 17 year olds may vote in the General Primary) and a resident at a current Will County address for 30 days immediately prior to the next election.
WHEN CAN I REGISTER TO VOTE
Registration is open throughout the year except during the following times:
- In-person or any mail-in registration is not available during the 27 days preceding the election
- Online registration is not available during the 15 days preceding the election
Registration reopens the second day following an election. If you missed either of the registration deadlines mentioned above, you may be eligible for Grace Period Registration and Voting.
WHERE CAN I REGISTER TO VOTE
– At your Polling Place on Election Day*
*Two forms of identification are required when registering at your Polling Place.
- one must show your current name and address
- only one may be a piece of mail postmarked within the past 30 days
- some acceptable forms of identification:
Driver’s License • State ID Card • Utility Bill • Checkbook • Library Card • Credit Card • Birth Certificate • Social Security Card • Employee ID Card • Student ID Card • Insurance Card
CHANGED MY ADDRESS
In order to vote in the April 4, 2017 Consolidated Election, you need to register either using Grace Period Registration and Voting or by taking advantage of Same Day Registration at your Polling Place on Election Day.
**Change of address must be received in the County Clerk’s Office no later than 28 days before an Election or must be postmarked by the 28th day before an Election. Click here if you moved and did not change your address with the Will County Clerk.
CHANGED MY NAME
– Must re-register to vote (see Where Can I Register to Vote above)
– Still reside at the same address, vote at your current Will County Polling Place after completing an affidavit there
UPDATING FAMILY MEMBERS INFORMATION
If a member of your immediate family has moved outside of Will County or is now deceased, you may complete and submit the Voter Registration Information Update. The form must be submitted by an immediate family member ONLY.