SERVICE SCHEDULE FOR WILL COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE
The Will County Clerk’s Office will provide its full range of public services beginning on June 1, 2020. However, to protect the health of the public and our staff and to limit crowding inside our waiting area, the County Clerk’s Office will adopt the following schedule and procedures:
MARRIAGE LICENSES (By Appointment Only): The Clerk’s Office will issue marriage licenses Monday through Friday by appointment only. To schedule, please call (815) 740-4615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
VITAL RECORDS: People seeking certified copies of Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, or Death Certificates are strongly encouraged to make requests by telephone, email, U.S. Mail, or online.
- Telephone requests may be made by calling (815) 740-4615.
- Email requests may be directed to email@example.com.
- Online requests may be made by visiting thewillcountyclerk.com and clicking on VitalChek. This is an expedited service that includes additional fees.
- Mailed request forms can be sent to: Will County Clerk’s Office, 302 N. Chicago St., Joliet, IL 60432. Copies of valid identification must accompany all requests. Forms are available online at thewillcountyclerk.com.
TAX REDEMPTION: Delinquent tax redemption payments are required by law to be made via certified funds and therefore will be accepted in person.
- Payment by mail is highly encouraged.
- Tax buyers filing documents with the Clerk’s Office are encouraged to do so by mail or email.
- To contact the Tax Redemption Department please call (815) 724-1880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TAX EXTENSION: Districts needing to file documents with the Tax Extension Department are encouraged to do so by mail. To contact the Tax Extension Department call (815) 740-4632 or email email@example.com.
ELECTION SERVICES: People seeking election related services should visit thewillcountyclerk.com where they can find a vast amount of information. For election-related services that can’t be completed on our website, individuals are strongly encouraged to make appointments via telephone or email to visit the office. Please call (815) 740-4615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors Must Wear Protective Masks
Members of the public must wear a protective face mask when they visit the Will County Clerk’s Office. Visitors who do not have a protective mask may receive one from the security officer in the lobby before entering the office. Thank you for your understanding.
Social Distancing Required
Visitors must follow social distancing guidelines prescribed by public health officials while in the office, which includes maintaining a distance of six feet from others. Our staff may politely ask individuals to step outside temporarily to reduce the number of people in our small waiting area.
The Will County Clerk’s Office appreciates the public’s understanding and cooperation during this public health crisis.