Certificates of marriages or civil unions that were licensed, solemnized and registered in Will County are available through the Will County Clerk’s Office.
Marriage or Civil Union Certificates may be requested by:
- Either spouse/partner, a parent of either spouse/partner, or a child of either spouse/partner if that individual at least 18 years old.
- Members of the public seeking the information for a purpose deemed to be in the public interest and not for commercial solicitation or private gain.
- Any individual for the purposes of genealogical research, provided the requested record is at least 50 years old.
These forms may be submitted in person or by mail at the following address:
Attn: Vital Records
Will County Clerk’s Office
302 N. Chicago St.
Joliet, IL 60432
These form also may be submitted by email at email@example.com.
EXPRESS ONLINE ORDERING THROUGH VITALCHEK
Expedited processing and shipping is available through our third-party partner, VitalChek. Please visit their website for information. Additional fees apply.
VitalChek – vitalchek.com
- In person requests may be paid for by cash, personal check, money order or credit/debit.
- Requests by mail must be accompanied by a personal check or money order.
- For emailed requests, a member of our Vital Records team will contact you upon receipt to arrange credit/debit payment over the phone. IMPORTANT: Please do not include credit card information in your email.
VALID FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION
The Will County Clerk’s Office will accept one of the following forms of ID:
- Driver’s License or State ID Card issued by any U.S. State
- U.S. Passport
- Foreign Passport
- U.S. Military Identification Card
- U.S. Naturalization Certificate
If you cannot provide one of the above forms of ID, you may provide TWO of the items on the following list. ONE of the items must show your current address. Only ONE of the items may be a bill or piece of mail:
- Utility Bill
- Medical or Automobile Insurance Card
- Vehicle Registration
- Credit Card or Bank Statement
- Pay Stub
- Voter Registration Card
- Public Assistance Card
Social Security Cards are NOT an acceptable form of identification.
For more information on marriage or civil union certificates email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 740-4615.